Friday 30 August 2013

20 weeks post op

Here we are 20 weeks post op - and doing very well. Nausea, bloating and vomiting are relatively minimal & more or less manageable, and are usually only an issue when stressed on when my asthma is playing up which causes coughing.
I have been really pushing my physical boundaries this past month, trying to get on top of my GastroParesis UK workload - although enjoyable, it is at times a little detrimental to my health - my diabetes has destabilised a little further this past few weeks, with no apparent reason & I am very tired but unable to sleep for more than a couple of hours at a stretch - I am therefore organising a review blood test for my thyroid as I think that maybe my thyroxine medication may need a little tweek to rectify this particular issue.
All that said I am doing fairly ok and the GPUK schedule over the next couple of months is quite full, with various meet up trips planned - and although this may prove exhausting, I'm really looking forward to just being able to fulfil this role!
For details of all upcoming GPUK events take a look at the website at:
www.gastroparesisuk.org
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog - I hope you have found it informative.
Please help spread awareness of gastroparesis by visiting, 'liking' & sharing the GPUK page at http://www.facebook.com/GastroParesisUK