Saturday 8 November 2014

1 year 9 months on....

Here we are 21 months post surgery, and I'm doing well - the replacement pacer works as effectively as the old one - not saying that there is not the odd glitch, I do still get bloated, nauseous and vomit, but it is manageable.
I managed to get gastroenteritis a couple of weeks ago, and I am still waiting for my stomach to settle back into it's 'norm' - but in the past I have found that the pacer requires an adjustment following this kind of bug, so at the moment I'm just keeping my fingers crossed!
I've also started at college, doing a pre degree course. It's been challenging to say the least, as yes the stress has had an effect on my stomach and I am exhausted a lot of the time - but I am approaching this with a no pain no gain kind of attitude, and my daily mantra is 'I can do this, I can do this....' - fingers crossed I succeed.
I also still run the Gastroparesis 'R' Us support group on Facebook, and it now comes under the new resource facility called the Gastroparesis Resource Hub or GPRH for short - the new website can be found at http://gpresourcehub.weebly.com/
Take care everyone
Sammie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog - I hope you have found it informative.
Please help spread awareness of gastroparesis by visiting, 'liking' & sharing the GPUK page at http://www.facebook.com/GastroParesisUK