Thursday 21 March 2013

I'm back....

Well have had a horrendous few days - initially though the pacer battery had finally gone kaput but looks like it may just have been a bug - had severe vomiting, nausea and diarrhea - the only food that has passed my lips in the past 72 hours is a slice of toast.
Seem to be coming out the other side now and so far today have managed to keep down more fluids.
Good news is I have received my scheduled surgery date for the replacement pacer op - its to be done at Ross Hall Hospital Glasgow on the 9th April 2013.
I will be admitted the day before and hopefully as the replacement surgery is a bit less invasive I will be discharged approximately 48 hours later and start the mammoth journey home a day or two after that.
The surgeon has said it should be a bit less painful and recovery be a bit quicker too - fingers crossed he's right about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog - I hope you have found it informative.
Please help spread awareness of gastroparesis by visiting, 'liking' & sharing the GPUK page at http://www.facebook.com/GastroParesisUK